Let me whisper you busy nothings,
The past week has been one of excitement, absolute pondering and general happiness. It is Fall here, my absolute favorite season. Although it is freezing. It snowed last night, although it didn't stick and hurrying down Broad Street with the flakes swirling reminded me so much of some of my favorite moments at Sarah Lawrence, which seemed to always involve the snow.
My tutorials have been going really well which has been very nice. Halloween is coming and we have decorated the flat with leaves and paper pumpkins. Tonight Mark, Jeff, Michelle, Alex and I carved our own pumpkins bought at the Co-op in Summertown - well, I carved them actually. One was of Alan Chapman, the true Oxfordian fellow and a "jolly good chap" and the other was of this bat who was amazingly unimpressive. I realized that this was the third Halloween I have spent with Michelle and it was such a nice feeling. I remember last Halloween and, while I did have a good time, so much stress accompanies the memory. When I think of how far God has brought me from that moment to here it is amazing.
And yes. I do have more news, which I don't actually mind writing here because no one actually reads my blog but Michelle. I have met a guy. A very nice guy actually. He's sweet and funny and the thing is that I actually really like him and the best thing is that he likes me back. And it's simple and fun and lovely. Everything that my last relationship just...wasn't. And it was nice because we were friends first, although I liked him from pretty much the moment I met him, which was also a new experience. And on the night of the USA Bop, which was mega fun, he told me he happened to like me too. I'm praying about it, but it's nothing like before. I don't feel trapped or nervous, but mature and sure of myself. This year is still about me. Fayyez is just a really lovely gift on the side. I just hope that we remain friends after I leave. Right now, it's just hard enough not seeing him for a few days...its so funny, I sound like such an innocent little girl! But I feel like one too...and it's a nice feeling.
So, here we are. Halloween is coming, I'm meeting tons of people and enjoying the leaves and my bike and cycling down Banbury and I am happy. Happiness. It's beautiful.
So, I love you all. <3
Wednesday, 29 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment